Monday, November 03, 2008

Young Guns

Tonight, after bathing JW and drying him, I asked him to put on his jammies, brush his teeth, and take his clothes to the laundry room. I left the bathroom to clean the kitchen and pretty much forgot all about him and the instructions I had given until about 15 minutes later, when he comes waltzing through the kitchen, dirty clothes in tow, wearing only a pull-up and a smile.

Noticing how much time had passed since I had given him those three simple things to do, I asked him if he had already brushed his teeth. He shook his head no and said, "Not yet." I was slightly perturbed that he had spent so much time in the bathroom and had apparently only managed to get a pull-up on his body so I asked what any rational mom would ask in such perplexing times..."What in the world have you been doing for the last 15 minutes?"

His reply?...
"I've been looking at my muscles in the mirror!"

Now, who can punish a young man for checking out his guns? I sure couldn't! Gaging by the smile he was wearing, they must have been pretty impressive.

Perhaps next time, I can remind him to gaze at his muscles while his bath water is running so that it doesn't interfere with his bedtime!

2 comments:

  1. hehe! that boy is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you can't even make that kind of funny up! :)

    ReplyDelete