Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My house is quiet?

Yesterday, three of my four children were hanging out away from home. ( Let's pause for a moment of reflection on the grandeur of that statement.)

Emma had a friend over and they were playing QUIETLY in her room. I asked Wes if he thought our lives would have always been this peaceful if we only had two kids, to which he replied, "Not if one of those two was Abbee!"

True Dat.

Emma and Lexie thought it would be fun to swim in the rain because it was only thundering, not lightening. I tried to explain the scientific reasons why thunder could not exist without lightening; but, they couldn't hear me over their "PLEEEEEASE??" So, I distracted them by suggesting we build a fort.
They stayed in their "fort" for the remainder of the afternoon!

As all good things must come to an end, I inevitably had to gather the rest of the flock. They argued all the way home.

Although there are days I could be easily tempted, I wouldn't trade one of those little punks...at least not for more than a month or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment