Monday, April 06, 2009

New Mercy Monday

Yesterday, I confessed that I fell off of the proverbial wagon when it comes to sticking with my reading through the Bible in a year plan. Today, I decided to hop back on it...even if my check marks would be made in boxes labeled March when, clearly, it's April. So, first thing this morning, I picked up right where I left off.

Guess where that was? Matthew 26. Guess what is recorded in the book of Matthew beginning in chapter 26?

You guessed it! It's the story of Christ's journey to the cross. Coincidence? I don't think so!

This morning, I set out to get "back on track" with a goal I gave myself in January; and, instead, got invited by my Heavenly Father to sit at the foot of the cross and reflect on what happened there. As a result, I will be putting away my pen and my plans and all of those unchecked boxes, and I will spend this week basking in the mercy of the Father. I will savor the love of His Son and wrestle with the gravity of what he did for me on the cross. I will ask the Spirit to speak to me through words I've read time and time again.

There is no clearer picture of God's mercy than the one seen from the foot of the cross. So, I will spend my week sitting there. I invite you to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment