Sunday, January 06, 2008

Insomnia

Last night, I had the worst case of insomnia ever! I could not fall asleep if my life depended on it. My mind was racing and I could not get it to stop. At some point, I started thinking about an episode of House where this girl was going to die if she didn't go to sleep and they couldn't figure out why she wasn't sleeping. Then, I began to wonder if I had her disease (even though I couldn't remember what she was finally diagnosed with!) and if I, too, were going to be awake for 14 days and almost die. Then, I told myself I watch way too many fake hospital shows!

I read for a couple of hours; I surfed the web; I reviewed my Sunday School lesson and thought of ways to enhance it. I actually counted Wes's snores to see how high I could get; but, my mind wandered and I kept having to start over so I decided to count my own breathing which made me kind of hyperventilate, so I moved on to sheep! I considered taking a double dose of Benydryl but I was afraid I'd have the reverse problem in the morning.

Several times, I almost got up, made a pot of coffee and got some work done. But, I kept thinking if I just laid still and quiet, I'd eventually fall asleep. I thought that up until about 5:15 a.m. (which is the last time I remember looking at the clock). I did finally sleep but my sleep was full of disturbing dreams (like being on a ferry that was sinking) and my alarm went off at 7:00 a.m. Needless to say, I was a very tired girl who came straight in from church, skipped lunch, and crashed until 4:15 p.m. I'm hoping for a better night tonight!

So...does anyone know any good cures for sleepless nights? Any and all tips would be appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. This is so me, all the time!! If you come up with a solution let me know!!

    ReplyDelete