Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Joy of my Heart...


Today (at 6:04PM as Jordan will say), Jordan was officially 11 years old. WOW! I remember going into labor the evening before she was born and not sleeping because I was timing my contractions! I woke Wes up around 4 a.m. to tell him I needed to go to the hospital and he replied, "if you still think you're in labor when I get up to go to work, I'll take you then!" (Very supportive!) Well, I did still think and he reluctantly took me to the hospital and just 11 short hours later, we had our Jordan Rae! 6 lbs. 4 oz. 19 1/2 in.

I took her some lunch today to celebrate her big day and her homeroom teacher informed me that Jordan was (and I quote) "the joy of [her] heart." She offered to adopt her...I'm having the paperwork drawn up as we speak!

Indeed, Jordan brings joy to most hearts. She is super bright, super funny, and super strong willed! She is a force to be reckoned with and when she sets her mind to something, nothing will stop her from achieving it!

I can't believe she's 11...time has certainly flown by. She's becoming a lovely young lady and I'm so very proud. My prayer for her today is that her life become the vessel through which God's purpose is fulfilled. I love you, JP. You're the joy of my heart too!

2 comments:

  1. Happy (late) birthday Jordan!!
    You ARE becoming a great young lady!!

    ReplyDelete