Wednesday, January 16, 2008

OOOOOOOUUUCCCCCCHHH!!!

Okay...tonight, I played a little blind volleyball with the kiddos at WILD. All was going well until...I dove to save a ball. The problem?? I landed directly on my right knee. ALL OF ME ON MY RIGHT KNEE. There was a little pain at first, then I stood up! OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! Now, there is a golf ball sized knot on the front of my my knee cap and my leg is throbbing from the thigh to the ankle! The worst part is I dropped the ball! I DROPPED THE BALL! I hurt myself and the other team scored. That stinks! The thing that makes me saddest is the realization that I am just getting old. Too old to play volleyball in the aggressive, competitive way it was meant to be played...at least not without knee pads (although they don't make those things with nearly enough padding to help when I fall). So, anyway, although many many people around the world are suffering way more than I, my knee REALLY hurts! And I will try not to whine about it anymore!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you're injured! You almost had that ball and it would have been a very impressive save. You've obviously still got your reflexes.

    ReplyDelete