Thursday, February 07, 2008

S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G

Last night, I was helping Jordan study for UIL spelling by calling out the 150 words she is responsible for today. I came to the word "headstrong" and I said, "That's easy! J-O-R-D-A-N." To which she replied (as she continued to write frantically), "I don't get it!" I continued calling out 3 or 4 more words when suddenly there was a loud GASP! Jordan said (in her most surprised tone!), "Wait a minute...are you calling me headstrong?" Then, she giggled as she waited for just the right word to spell S-H-E-L-L-E-E...the word?.... Forgetful!

I love it when things click in their little minds like that! And, don't comment that I'm a bad mother for calling her names!! There are so many much worse reasons why I'm a bad mother! Name calling is the least of their concerns!

No comments:

Post a Comment