Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to School Blues

Typically, I'm totally jacked about the start of a new school year. This year, not so much! It seems like summer has FLOWN by...and my kids are growing up TOO FAST! Just thinking about Jordan beginning SIXTH grade makes me so sad. And my little Emma in second? It just doesn't seem possible. Abbee is in her last year of elementary...where does the time go? I have really enjoyed spending time with my kiddos this summer; and, while I totally love the early bedtime that the school year brings, I'm going to miss the late night parties we've had this summer.

On a side note...I took Emma and Abbee shopping this evening for a few last minute school necessities. When we were turning into the mall, Emma asked, "Why does the mall have Dillards [she pronounced it dill-arrrrds] written on the side?"

When Emma asks these sorts of questions, there is always an ever so brief moment of silence before EVERYONE cracks up laughing. The best part is that Emma rarely understands why we think she's so funny! But, she giggles anyway! Love it!

Anyone else fighting the back to school blues??

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm fighting the back to work blues!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. I love staying at home with Dean. Although I will love going back to work with my friends and spending time with adults, I'm going to miss spending all day crawling around on the floor with Dean. And I second the fact that they grow up too fast. Dean is going to bump up a room next week. :( Ryan keeps telling him to stop growing but he won't listen!

    ReplyDelete