Monday, June 07, 2010

Miss Independent


This morning, I stumbled out of my room at 7:00 a.m. thinking I was about to go wake a couple of camp-bound teens only to find them completely dressed and eating breakfast!

Excited much?


This is the very first time I have sent any of my offspring to any sort of camp without my being there. Who knew there were so many things to worry about?

As I helped JP pack, I would say things like, "Don't forget to put your dirty clothes into this trash bag RIGHT AFTER you shower so that you won't lose any of you stuff."

To which she would reply, "I know, Mom!"

"You need to drink lots of water throughout the day, and at least one entire gatorade so that you don't get dehydrated."

"I know, Mom!"

"Keep your money and your camera with you at ALL TIMES."

"I KNOW, MOM!"

Every piece of wisdom I tried to extol upon her initiated the exact same response: "I know, Mom!!"



This can only mean one thing. My work here is complete. I think I'll have her things packed up and ready to move her out when she gets home! Only she'll have to find another home because clearly, I have nothing left to teach her!!

Or maybe I'll just clean her room really well while she's away, and perhaps even rearrange it! Then I'll leave a surprise on her bed with a note telling her how proud I am of the young lady she is becoming, and how I MISSED HER LIKE CRAZY while she was gone! **SNIFFLE!!**

1 comment: