Sunday, August 20, 2006

When all else fails, answer "Jesus"

O.K. So, very exciting day here at the Powell house...don't get your hopes up, it doesn't take as much to excite me as it used to!!

Asked the kiddos what they learned in SS today and instead of the usual "Jesus" answer I was expecting, they actually recalled the story (which was the Parable of the Prodigal Son by the way). But wait...there's more! Jordan actually had some reflection....something like..."I think that story means that God always loves us the same no matter what we do." WOW!! Do you know how many years it took me to get THAT????? Lots and lots.

There is no truth about God more life changing for me than that truth...that God always loves me the same NO MATTER WHAT...and there's a lot of "whats" in my life for sure!!

If my girls can grasp that one truth about God; and, I mean really grasp it...let it affect the way they view others...let it filter into their relationships...let it change their thoughts about themselves and how much they're worth to their Creator, then I will be one exceedingly blessed (and ecstatic) parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment