Saturday, August 19, 2006

I've decided that it's almost completely...if not completely...impossible to hear the voice of God in this culture because we are never STILL long enough to listen for it!! (much less quiet.) Going to the coast for a week was the absolute best vacation ever. There was no place I needed to be except in the moment. It was there while being still, quiet, and "in the moment," that I actually felt the stirring of the Spirit. At the time, I wasn't sure why I was being burdened with the specific message...I wasn't even convinced that it was actually the Spirit speaking. But, I returned home to discover that God had placed someone on my heart who really needed intercession.

Now that I'm back, I'm slowly forgetting how to listen. God's voice is slowly being drowned by the sounds of life to the tune of school, work, cell phone rings, and urgent matters...like "what's for dinner?" (The question I hate more than any other by the way!!)

Is it possible to remain in tune with the Spirit in a culture that is so full of distraction? If so, how?

No comments:

Post a Comment