Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Morning 2009

We had a perfectly cozy Christmas here at the Powell house.

This was my first ever (and my kids' too!) white Christmas. Do you know how long I've been dreaming of this? I grew up on the gulf coast! It was typically not even cold in December!! What a beautiful Christmas treat!
The kids woke up early and had pretty much finished rummaging through their Santa loot before I heard all the clatter and arose from my bed to see what was the matter. Thankfully, it was nothing serious. Just some rowdy kids getting high on sugar before the crack of dawn!


Notice the ring pops. It's 7:30 am. That pretty much set the pace for the sugar consumption that would take place the remainder of the day!!



Max is not as excited as the rest of the crew!Abbee's Tony Hawk helmet...once she gets a skateboard, she's going to be able to ride it safely!
This is the kind of reaction I expect when my children open their gifts from me!!!





Can't you just feel the excitement???
These girls are spending their Christmas morning with people outside of our home with the help of the miracle that is modern technology!!!
You never know when you're gonna need a headlamp. It's probably best to keep it on at all times!
With most of our celebrations taking place before Christmas day, we were able to relax by the fire all day! There was some serious game playing going on. And also some serious mindless eating of all things containing sugar! James, Leigh, and Glory came by for dinner and spent the evening hanging out with us. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.

I hope your Christmas was merry and bright...joyful and triumphant...with visions of sugarplums dancing in your head...brought about by the consumption of more rich food than should be humanly possible! Or, perhaps that was just me!

Merry Christmas, everybody!

1 comment:

  1. YAY...there were no sad faces...even though you were horribly mangled!!

    ReplyDelete