Monday, April 20, 2009

New Mercy Monday

I knew going into yesterday that the day had the possibility of being extremely difficult emotionally. In fact, I made several adjustments in my plans in case I woke up and decided I couldn't face the day.

Although it was an emotional day for me, I felt an overwhelming peace from the moment I got out of bed.

Later in the day, when I got home from church, I opened my purse and found three cards that three very special people had secretly placed inside. I wept as I read each one. Not just because I was thinking of my dad, but because I realized in that moment that I had been covered in prayer by my sweet, sweet friends. Each card spoke unique words of comfort and affirmed that God had appointed people to help me through the day.

I opened my email later to find that other friends had sent words of encouragement and scripture; and, I was again reminded of the God who is in the details.

There have been many days since my dad died that I haven't been able to drag myself out of bed. I was fully expecting yesterday to be the same. But, God made his mercies new to me and filled my day with hope and peace.

I am sincerely overwhelmed by the thoughts and kindness of those who prayed for me and my family yesterday. You are all very special to me and I just wanted you to know how much you mean to me. Thanks for loving me and being the hugs of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment