Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Weekend Project-Purses

Last weekend, Wes was working so I took the opportunity to work on a few projects I've been wanting to do! I saw a similar purse on a blog and thought I could figure out how to make it, so I took some scrap material that I already had and whipped up this bag:Okay, so when I say "whipped up," I mean that I got to a certain point and got completely bogged down! I put it aside for awhile because I was getting quite frustrated! Then Leigh stopped by and convinced me I had to finish it! So, I did!
Since it was wet and dreary on this past Saturday, I decided to make the same purse in a couple of other fabrics! I ended up going a little crazy and made SIX bags by the time it was all said and done! Not to worry, most were made with fabric I already had on hand! Here are a couple:


They are very simple bags with no pockets inside (because I don't like to get distracted by the details!!), but they are perfect for a wallet, a phone, and your favorite cosmetics! I LOVE the way they turned out! (And, I have three daughters who have already called dibs on most of them! Sarah, JP, and Emma...in case you thought Abbee had turned into a girl!!)

3 comments:

  1. (clears throat!!!) what about your sis-n-law?

    you so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (clears throat!!!) what about your sis-n-law?

    you so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these r really nice..nice blog.

    ReplyDelete